DO Conca de Barberà has new leadership. Bernat Andreu Ribó, from the winery Celler Carles Andreu, has been named President of DO Conca de Barberà. Mr. Andreu steps into his new role after several years as a member of our DO Regulatory Board.
A Montblanc native, Mr. Andreu has always been involved with Celler Carles Andreu, his family’s winery. When he was 22, Mr Andreu worked in Germany for two years as a wine cellar manager. But he returned to Conca de Barberà in 2010 to rejoin the family business.
Starting at Celler Carles Andreu as cellar manager, Mr. Andreu now also works in the sales and marketing aspects of the business. Wanting to expand his knowledge even further, he earned a Sommelier Certificate from the CETT School of Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy in Barcelona.
Mr. Andreu, who ran uncontested, takes over for Mariona Rendé as President. Ms. Rendé has been at the helm of DO Conca de Barberà for the last four years. During her term she has spearheaded initiatives that have notably increased the prestige of our DO.
Ms. Rendé will continue to serve as a member on the new Regulatory Board.
Today, the outgoing Regulatory Board was dissolved and the incoming Board took power. The incoming DO Conca de Barberà Regulatory Board Members are:
- Adolf Jaume Serra, Viticulture Sector
- Josep Miró Selma, Viticulture Sector
- Ricard Poblet Bonastre, Viticulture Sector
- Ramon M. Corbella Español, Viticulture Sector
- Josep M. Canela Canela, Viticulture Sector
- Ricard Sebastià Foraster, Viniculture Sector
- Mariona Rendé Civit, Viniculture Sector
- Bernat Andreu Ribó, Viniculture Sector
- Xavier Cepero Yeste, Viniculture Sector
- Mariona Vendrell Blanco, Viniculture Sector
These incoming board members voted unanimously to name Bernat Andreu President of DO Conca de Barberà.